Coleus plants are very popular for container gardening and hanging baskets both outdoors, or as indoor houseplants. They also look great planted directly in the garden in groups, or as borders.What attracts most of us to Coleus is not it’s flower, but the colorful leaves.
Instruction how to grow Coleus :
Sow seeds by spreading them thinly. Cover seeds with 1/8″ of seed starting soil. Then, water lightly. Plants germinate and grow rapidly, if the soil temperature is kept at 70 degrees or higher. Days to Germination: 7 – 14.
Contrary to popular belief, Coleus plants thrive in full sunshine. They will tolerate partial shade, and to some degree, full shade. Leaf drop is common.
Coleus likes loose and rich soil which drains well. Use plenty of peat moss and other loose medium whether growing in containers, or directly in the garden. Add a general fertilizer regularly. If planting in your flowerbed, space plants one foot apart.
Coleus prefers well drained soil. But, do not be allow the soil to dry out. Make sure that the container has holes in the bottom for drainage.
Remove spent blooms, dead or dying leaves, and cut back any stems that are are sick or unsightly. The plant will quickly produce more. Pruning will cause the plant to grow bushier.
Coleus is very tender annual, and are susceptible to even a light frost. If you are planning to bring them indoors, do so well before the first frost. In the spring, make sure to leave them indoors, until all danger of frost is past.
When bringing Coleus plants indoors, leaf drop is a common plant problem. It should be temporary, as the plant adjusts to lower light levels.
Package includes: 0.16oz
We are not include text instruction in English, but if it’s needs please request it (you can just type text “INSTRUCTION”) and we will send to you via Amazon’s messenger. Thank you for understanding.
- CHINESE FAKE!!! BE WARE!!! BUY ONLY FROM ORIGINAL SELLER – pptager. DO NOT BUY FROM CHINESE!!! YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE GUARANTEED HARVEST!
- Package includes: 0.16oz (about 100 seeds). Instruction in English includes.
- Season of Interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 1 (< -50 °F), 2 (-50 to -40 °F), 3 (-40 to -30 °F), 4 (-30 to -20 °F), 5 (-20 to -10 °F), 6 (-10 to 0 °F), 7 (0 to 10 °F), 8 (10 to 20 °F), 9 (20 to 30 °F)
- Species: Coleus blumei; Germanation: 90-95%